Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hmmm... Blogging

Ok so I've sort of done the blogging thing before, but nothing terrible consistent and not anything in-depth. I had to do it for a class and most of the blogs I wrote were rants about stupid people and how screwed up we are as a society. But I'll try to keep my blog writer-oriented?? Maybe, we'll see how things progress, shall we???

So writing - well I've finished my first draft of my first novel, a paranormal romance. I'm using it as my thesis at SHU and I was so excited to finish it. I went down to visit a friend at my Alma Mattar and I brought my mini LT (WONDERFUL invention, I might add) and when she was in class, I hung out in the library at school and then in an out-of-the-way corner in Corey and I ended up writing 30 pages. Including an epilogue. I felt so accomplished. So it's getting its first read-thru by my mom (she's an avid paranormal romance reader) and also a grammar head like me, and it's killing me to know it's sitting around, all printed out, and I haven't touched it yet. That's the plan for the weekend. She's got about fifty pages to go and I'm going to pull out all of the past critiques I've had so far this semester and from residency and start to go through it tonight and tomorrow. I also need to get to revising my 5-page synopsis. Should make for a busy week.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on the novel, Jo! Forget working in on it for the weekend... celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks John. I used most of the momentum to start looking up agents and publishers for my children's books that I've finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shoot. I'd forgotten about the synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, it was really hard to write the first time through and I ended up writing a 10-page one and then chopping it to 5 pages. I have to rewrite it though sometime soon, as a lot of things have changed since I actually wrote the book. I'm trying to follow your blogs, but I can't seem to do it properly. I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete