Monday, September 20, 2010

And the Writing Life Continues

Ok,
So using the momentum from finishing my first draft to start making lists of agents and publishers and which ones take unsolicited manuscripts and which ones want queries. I've taken a break from my romance and switched back over to my children's books. I've done another revision of my picture book about faeries. I'm going to start sending things out this week and next. So keep your fingers crossed for me. :-)
I'll be starting my cover letters and queries tonight and doing some more market research at B&N or Borders in the next few days. The manuscript has passed from mom's hands to dad's and we'll see how that goes. He caught me on a homonym (oops) so I've given him a pen to make any comments and to note any typos or anything else. It's a different color from mom's pen. Then I'll be taking it over and getting deep into my revisions. Should prove to be interesting. Always a thousand and one things going on at once.

2 comments:

  1. I cringe thinking about my parents reading my work. I'm glad for you that you can give yours critiquing pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents have been my first readers since I started this whole writing thing when I was like 9. They sat me down to talk about plagarism because they didn't think a kid that age could write what I was writing. (silly short stories about little girls who get kidnapped by a man with body parts in jars.... gee I'm pretty lucky they didn't ship me off to some shrink, huh??)

    So I guess I'm over the whole being shy about it stuff. We'll see after Daddy reads the naughty smutty things his little girl is writing. *grimace*

    ReplyDelete