Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh, Nanowrimo, the places you'll go with Jo

I began Nanowrimo a few short days ago, and here is what's happening so far. (For those who don't know, Nanowrimo stands for National Novel Writing Month and is held every November when a bunch of absolutely crazy people [writers] sign up to write a semi-coherent glob of 50,000 words in 30 days).

I started the Nano book about two months ago, and had written exactly 2/3 of a page... WOOHOO ME! ;-0
So I decided this year I was going to tackle Nano, in the midst of working, going to school, traveling Europe, and working some more to pay for traveling in Europe, and that I would use this book that I have been thinking about for months and haven't done anything with (and yes, I can actually end a sentence with a preposition - see I just did it). And so far, I've got 8,000 words!
I've written in an airport, on a bus, on a train, in a hotel room, and in my apartment. This book has now seen two different countries, seven hotel rooms, three trains, a plane, and an airport. Oh the places we will go!
Off to do today's 2,000 words!

2 comments:

  1. YES! P.S. Don't forget to back it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I can't imagine writing 2k words a day. I'd be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete