Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oh the waiting game!

People who know me will tell you that waiting has never been one of my strongest attributes. In fact, I hate it. There's something to be said for excitement and anticipation, but mostly even that just irritates me. But here are the things I'm currently waiting for... 

  • This week of teaching to be over because the children know it's their last week and have suddenly become possessed by evil spirits whose only purpose in life is to make me crazy
  • My response from the Departement de Poitiers telling me I can come and teach their children
  • My next paycheck so that I can payoff my credit cards
  • The weekend to be over so that I don't have to have any more bonding time with family members than necessary 
  • My birthday to come and go so that we can treat it like any other day and move on with the rest of the week 
  • A response from an agent (any agent really, I'm not that picky - okay that's a complete and utter lie, I'm extremely picky) 
  • A day where I can have more than ten consecutive minutes to WRITE 
  • My new job to begin 
And other general life stuff.

So, I ask you all, what are you waiting for??????? 

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a list!

    I'm revising my MG mystery and it's taking forever, because my kids' end-of-school-year stuff takes up a lot of time. So I'm waiting to be done with my revisions and for my kids to be done with school. And I'm waiting for other stuff, too, but that stuff's too jumbled in my mind to coherently put down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some list, but waiting can be the greatest thrill, even though I hate waiting myself. Everyone says that waiting is the hardest but once the waiting is over, most of the time it is worth waiting for it right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, sounds like you've got a lot going on in your house. Good luck on revisions, let me know if you want me to proofread anything for you.
    Jess - you're right... but the waiting sucks!

    ReplyDelete